A handsome and well-presented Grade II Listed farmhouse situated in the heart of this popular village.
Originally dating back to 1560 and extended in the early 19th Century, Emerys Farm is a beautiful Grade II Listed farmhouse.
This well-presented period home is full of character throughout, the drawing room which is in the centre of the house, has exposed beams and woodburning stove, there is also an open working fire in the sitting room, positioned at the back of the property. The dining room is located at the opposite side of the house, close to kitchen which overlooks the garden. In addition a utility and cloak room next to the kitchen are positioned close to the side door leading to the garden.
Upstairs there are 3 double bedrooms, a family bathroom and separate family shower room. The master bedroom has high ceilings and sash
windows creating a lot of natural light, overlooking the garden.
Outside, there is planning permission for a new driveway and cart shed, information on this can be found on the West Berkshire website, application no. 17/00799/HOUSE. The garden lies on the south side of the house and is mainly laid to lawn. A private garden with mature trees and hedging.
Upper Basildon, West Berkshire
• Upper Basildon sits on the edge of the Berkshire Downlands in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty within close proximity to the riverside village of Pangbourne.
• The village offers a range of amenities including a parish church, community Post Office, highly regarded C of E primary school, and the popular Red Lion public house.
• The village also benefits from a modern village hall, which has become the centre for a variety of community sports and activities with its adjoining sports field and tennis courts.
• Bradfield College is located three miles from Upper Basildon and has excellent leisure, fitness and sports facilities including a large indoor swimming pool all of which are available for use by members of the public. The facilities also include squash, badminton courts, tennis courts, hockey and a 9-hole golf course.
• Transport links by both rail and road are excellent. The M4 (J12) is just 6 miles away, providing access to London and its airports.
Train services can be accessed at Theale (London Paddington within the hour), Pangbourne (London Paddington within the hour) and Reading (London Paddington 27 minutes).
• There are a wide range of schools in the area, both state and private. Of particular note are St Andrews Preparatory School, Elstree Preparatory School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory School, Bradfield College, Down House, Pangbourne College, The Oratory, St Helens and St Katherines and Abingdon School.
• Mains water, electricity and drainage. LPG central heating.
• Connection to Gigaclear ultra-fast fibre broadband is available at the property.
• Council tax Band H
• Local authority: West Berkshire Council. Telephone 01635 551111
Postcode: RG8 8PB
Fixtures and Fittings
Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
T: 01635 242 050