Forming an important part of the award-winning development at Abbey Gardens, this individual 3 bedroom character property offers a high quality finish throughout and retains many original features.
Abbey Gardens is situated on the grounds of the former Douai school, Bewley Homes sympathetically converted these beautiful and historical buildings about 20 years ago.
The current owners have lived at number 21 for 8 years and carried out a number of improvements, including new flooring and updating the heating system.
On entering Abbey Gardens, the driveway sweeps around the buildings and stunning communal grounds, this leads to the secure, remote controlled underground parking with 2 allocated spaces.
The entrance into the main building has an impressive hall, stairs and a lift from here lead to the first floor where number 21 can be found. An entrance lobby opens onto the inner hallway, this splits the access with the bedrooms on the right hand side, and kitchen and sitting room to the left. The original stone mullion windows are an impressive internal feature from the sitting room to the hall, and these continue at the back
of the property overlooking the courtyard and the Abbey beyond. The sitting room is spacious and has plenty of room for a dining table and chairs, there are double doors from the sitting room into the kitchen, also accessed from the hall. The kitchen is fully appointed with integral appliances and finished with oak units and granite worktops. Light pours into the kitchen from a window to the side and lantern above, the kitchen opens onto a plant room which offers additional storage.
There are 3 bedrooms, all with built in wardrobes, the principal bedroom has a shower en suite and there is a separate family bathroom. Bedroom 3 is currently used as a study and has a built in desk and storage.
The Abbey Gardens residents benefit from an on-site Estate Manager who ensures the smooth running of all matters relating to buildings and grounds. Additional services are available on request.
There are beautiful grounds which surround the properties at Abbey Gardens, the residents can enjoy access to these areas including Douai Park where one can join in with the tennis or cricket team. The recently constructed pavilion has much in the way of entertainment.
The property is surrounded by an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is well served by bridleways and footpaths
• Mains water and electricity and drainage. Underfloor heating throughout and the addition of smart electric radiators in 2021.
• Connection to Gigaclear ultra fast fibre broadband is available.
• Council tax Band F 2023/2024 £3,087.06
• Local authority: West Berkshire Council. Telephone 01635 551111
Leasehold 999 year lease from 2016 with ground rent of £150 per annum.
Service charge - £4327 per annum.
• 21 Abbey Gardens is situated in Upper Woolhampton, a short distance from the villages of Woolhampton and Chapel Row.
• Chapel Row has its own Café, pub and doctors surgery. Woolhampton has a village store, petrol station and train station.
• The more comprehensive amenities of Newbury and Reading are 8 and 10 miles respectively, and the M4 (J12) is just 5 miles away, providing access to the West Country, London and its airports.
• Midgham Station is about a mile away and there are regular services from Reading to Paddington taking approximately 25 minutes. Crossrail services from Reading allowing for passengers to travel through to central London.
• There are a wide range of schools in the area, including Elstree, St Andrews, Brockhurst & Marlston House, Cheam, Bradfield College, Downe House and Pangbourne College.