A beautifully presented bespoke, Eco friendly family home built 6 years ago to a very high specification. Located in the heart of this sought-after village down a highly desirable private road, Foxdown sits within a very generous plot with a substantial driveway to the front of the house and large well-established rear garden.
Foxdown is a superb family home built to the highest specification, offering modern living with the benefit of an established 1 acre plot. Built 6 years ago by the current owners, the house has been cleverly designed throughout.
Approached by a sweeping gravel driveway, an area of woodland in front of the house, which is within the ownership of Foxdown gives a countryside feel. The driveway provides parking for many cars, a double garage is positioned to the side of the house and a covered porch and steps lead to the front door.
The bright and welcoming entrance hall gives access to the principal rooms, which include the sitting room with woodburning stove at the front of the house, and the family room which overlooks and has access to the garden through bifold doors.
The beautiful kitchen/breakfast room has a central island with a wide range of wall and base mounted units, many integrated Miele appliances and a Zip Hydrotap (delivering cold filtered, boiling and sparkling water). There is space for both a dining table and an area for sofas. Two sets of bifold doors lead onto the terrace and south facing garden.
The ground floor rooms enjoy the warmth of underfloor heating. Additional ground floor accommodation include a utility room and cloakroom.
To the first floor, the principal bedroom suite enjoys a dressing area , bathroom with bathtub and walk-in shower. There is a guest bedroom suite and 2 further bedrooms with a family bathroom.
The second floor has building control approval to convert, creating 2 additional rooms plus a shower room.
The private and well screened south facing rear garden is a particular feature of the property, over which many of the principal rooms enjoy views.
A recently laid porcelain terrace wraps around the house, the main part of the garden is made up of a well maintained area of lawn which is surrounded by mature shrubs and trees.
The house has been built in an eco friendly way and is highly insulated with an air source heat pump and MVHR heat recovery system which results in exceptionally low running costs.
The property benefits from the remainder of a 10 year Premier Guarantee Warranty.
• Mains water, electricity and drainage. Air source heat pump and mechanically vented heat recovery system. Independent underfloor heating on ground floor.
• Electric vehicle charging point
• Broadband is currently connected to BT.
• Council tax Band G £3,001.79
• Local authority: Basingstoke & Deane. Telephone 01256 844844
• Foxdown is situated in Tile Barn, a highly sought after private road located within the heart of the village in Woolton Hill, a short distance from the villages of Highclere and Ball Hill.
• Surrounded by beautiful countryside and woodland including The Chase, which is owned by The National Trust. The village has the well-regarded St Thomas Infant School and Woolton Hill Junior School. The village has a GP/Health centre, shop and post office, public house, church, village hall and playground.
• Newbury is 5 miles away, the A34 is about a mile away which also provides access to the M4 (J13), giving access to the West Country, London and airports.
• Newbury Station is about 5 miles away, there are regular services to London Paddington taking approximately 50 minutes.
• There are a wide range of schools in the area, including Woolton Hill infant and primary schools, Thorngrove, Elstree, St Andrews, Brockhurst & Marlston House, Cheam, Bradfield College, Downe House, Pangbourne College, Abingdon Boys School and St Gabriels.