Built 10 years ago to a very high specification, Great Oaks is a bespoke and immaculately presented family home located in the heart of Woolton Hill, a highly sought-after village.
Built in 2013 by the current owners, finished to a very high specification and immaculately presented throughout. Built as an individual home, Great Oaks is positioned in Tile Barn, a highly sought after location within the heart of Woolton Hill. Set back from this quiet lane, there is a generous driveway and garden at the front of the house, with a detached double garage positioned to the side.
On entering the property, there is a spacious hallway with staircase and a galleried landing, built in cupboards to hide away your coats. A study is positioned at the front and side of the house, ideal for working from home and awayfrom the principal rooms. A cloak room is situated next to the study. The sitting room is also positioned at the front of the house, the large fire place with open fire and wooden beams creating character in this modern home, a great combination of traditional construction and the benefits of a new house. The family room is in the centre of the house, it has a woodburning stove and the room opens onto the kitchen, creating a magnificent space for entertaining. A fully equipped kitchen with central island opens onto a large open space, currently used as a dining room and an area for sofas, in front of another wood burning stove. This space is really light with doors leading to the garden and an impressive, high vaulted ceiling. A utility/boot room can be accessed from the side of the kitchen and the garden.
Upstairs was originally designed as a 5 bedroom house, this could be created with a stud wall, should it be required. The master bedroom has built in wardrobes and an en suite with bath and separate wet room shower. The guest bedroom also benefits from an en suite. There are 2 further bedrooms and a family bathroom.
Outside, there is a lot of space in front of the house, offering excellent privacy whilst giving plenty of parking in addition to a garden, neatly planted with shrubs which wrap around to the south facing rear garden. There is a large terrace around the house which steps up to the lawn. A private garden with a mixture of shrubs and beautiful oak trees. A Rhino greenhouse is tucked to the side of the garden, this has its own water, electricity and lighting.
• Mains water, electricity and drainage. Air source heating and hot water. Underfloor heating on the ground floor.
• Broadband is currently connected to Vodafone Superfast.
• Council tax Band G £3,104.02
• Local authority: Basingstoke & Deane. Telephone 01256 844844
• Great Oaks is situated in Tile Barn, a highly sought after location in the heart of the village, a short distance from Highclere.
• Surrounded by beautiful countryside and woodland including The Chase, which is part owned by The National Trust. The village has the well-regarded St Thomas Infant School and Woolton Hill Junior School. Woolton Hill has a GP/Health centre, shop and post office, public house, church, village hall and playground.
• Newbury is about 5 miles away, the A34 a mile, which also provides access to the M4 (J13), giving access to the West Country, London and airports.
• Newbury Station is about 5 miles away, there are regular services to London Paddington taking approximately 50 minutes.
• There are a wide range of schools in the area, including Woolton Hill infant and primary schools, Thorngrove, Elstree, St Andrews, Brockhurst & Marlston House, Cheam, Bradfield College, Downe House and Pangbourne College.