A beautifully presented family home set in the heart of the village within walking distance of the Red Lion pub, primary school, church and village hall.
Oriel is a versatile family home which sits centrally
in its exceptionally private and mature gardens and grounds. On the ground floor the house benefits from three reception rooms: a sitting room with natural polished oak flooring, large windows overlooking the front gardens, wood burning stove on a raised granite hearth, a family room with French doors opening to the rear gardens & summer dining terrace and a sizable study again with French doors leading to the gardens. The multifunctional kitchen/dining/living room boasts plenty of space for a large dining table and a well fitted kitchen with underfloor heating. The ground floor further offers a separate utility room and fourth bedroom with ensuite shower room. Situated on the first floor is the sumptuous main suite comprising a spacious bedroom and ensuite bathroom. There are also two further bedrooms and a family bathroom. The house is approached over a gravel drive
providing parking for several cars. There is a
detached double barn style garage with electric
door. To the rear of the property there is a well maintained lawned garden with lots of shrubs and
trees and a large terrace for summer dining. There is side access from the front on both sides and a garden/log store.
Upper Basildon, West Berkshire
The village of Upper Basildon sits on the edge of
the Berkshire Downlands in an area of 'Outstanding Natural Beauty within close proximity to the riverside village of Pangbourne.
• The village itself offers a range of amenities
including a parish church, community Post Office,
highly regarded C of E primary school, and the
popular Red Lion public house.
• The village also benefits from a modern village
hall, which has become the centre for a variety of
community sports and activities with its adjoining
sports field and tennis courts.
• Bradfield College is located three miles from Upper Basildon and has excellent leisure, fitness and sports facilities including a large indoor swimming pool all of which are available for use by members of the public.
The facilities also include squash, badminton
courts, tennis courts, hockey and a 9-hole golf
• Transport links by both rail and road are excellent. The M4 (J12) is just 6 miles away, providing access to London and its airports. Train services can be accessed at Theale (London Paddington within the hour), Pangbourne (London Paddington within the hour) and Reading (London Paddington 27
• There are a wide range of schools in the area,
both state and private. Of particular note are St
Andrews Preparatory School, Elstree Preparatory
School, Brockhurst & Marlston House Preparatory
School, Bradfield College, Down House,
Pangbourne College, The Oratory, St Helens & St
Katherines and Abingdon School.