An impressive 3 bedroom country cottage situated in a beautiful position, built in the 1930s.
Built in 1937, Burton Lodge, is a handsome house in a lovely, secluded setting. The property is surrounded by beautiful mature trees with a large garden. You enter the property to the side into a hallway with store room and downstairs WC and from there is the kitchen dining room, equipped with oven, hob, fridge and washing machine. Past the porthole window at the foot of the stairs there is a large triple aspect reception room. Upstairs accomodates three bedrooms - two are double and one a large single and a bathroom with over bath shower
• Burton Lodge is situated on the edge of Newtown Common and the village of Burghclere, just 3 miles away from Newbury town centre, yet surrounded by beautiful countryside and woodland. Burghclere village has a church, village hall and The Carpenters Arms pub and restaurant.
• Newbury is 3 miles away, the A34 is about a
mile away which provides access to the M4
(J13), giving access to the West Country, London
• Newbury Station is about 3 miles away, there
are regular services to London Paddington
taking approximately 50 minutes. Whitchurch
station is 9 miles away and has a train service to
• Crossrail services from Reading allow
passengers to travel right through central
London without having to change trains.
(All times and distances are approximate)
• Mains water and elec
tricity. Private drainage.
Oil fired central heating.
• Council Tax Burton Lodge - band D
• Local authority: Basingstoke & Deane. Telephone 01256 844844
• RG20 9DY
Fixtures and Fittings
Fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, washing machine (new), hob and oven (new) and fridge but otherwise is unfurnished