A detached Victorian, 4/5 bedroom townhouse situated in this highly sought after tree lined crescent, just a short distance from Newbury town centre.
Situated in Donnington Square, one of Newburys most sought after addresses, Framley House is a Victorian, 4 storey town house which has a wealth of character with many period features.
The current owners extended the original house on the ground and first floor, creating a kitchen which opens onto the garden, in addition to a separate utility room, and a large dressing room and en suite bathrooms for the master and guest bedroom on the first floor.
A generous driveway with sliding gates, is positioned at the back of the property, there is also the potential to create a driveway at the front of the house, currently used as an additional private garden.
Steps from the front garden lead to a covered porch and entrance hall. The sitting room with open working fire looks over the rear garden, there is a cloak room to the side and a dining room with open working fire at the front of the house. A couple of steps lead to the extension, giving access to the fully appointed kitchen with central island, this has space for a breakfast table and patio doors onto the terrace and rear garden.
A utility room can be accessed from the kitchen at the front of the house.
The lower ground floor can be accessed from steps off the kitchen, in addition to an outside door at the front of the house. The accommodation is versatile, currently used as an office, a family room which could also be used as 5th bedroom, both of these rooms have wood burning stoves, there is an additional cloak room and a wine cellar.
The Master bedroom can be found on the first floor, this benefits from views over the rear garden, the extension has created a spacious dressing room/nursery and en suite bathroom with separate shower. The guest bedroom is also on the first floor, again with an en suite, created from the extension.
On the second floor, there are 2 more double bedrooms, one at the front and one at the back of the house, with a family bathroom positioned in between.
Outside, there is a gravel pathway at the front of the house, a private garden and side access leading to the rear south facing garden. A well established garden with hedged borders and landscaped with a terrace wrapping around the house, raised flower beds to one side and an area of lawn in the middle. Screened behind the hedges at the end of the garden is a private gravel driveway providing off road parking.
• Donnington is perhaps best known for the castle and also two excellent golf courses, Donnington Grove and Donnington Valley. Waitrose is only a short distance and situated just before Newbury town centre.
• The market town of Newbury offers a wide range of amenities including a main line rail link to London Paddington, a theatre, cinema, gyms and a large range of retail outlets. The area also benefits from excellent connections to the M4 and the A34, offering access to London, Reading, Oxford, Swindon, Basingstoke, the West Country, the Midlands and the south coast.
• There are a wide range of schools in the area, both state and private. Of particular note are Falkland Primary School, St. Bartholomews Secondary School, Park House Secondary School, Thorngrove, Cheam, Elstree, St.Gabriels, Downe House, Horris Hill and Bradfield College.
• RG14 1PJ
• All mains services connected.
• Broadband Superfast fibre broadband available.
• Council tax Band G 2023/2024 £3,440.81
• Local authority: West Berkshire Council. Telephone 01635 551111
Fixtures and Fittings
Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.