An immaculately presented and spacious house set in well-maintained garden and grounds of approximately 0.36 acres, located within the heart of the village.
Long Barn is a substantial property in the heart of the popular village of Hermitage. The spacious hall leads to a stunning 31 vaulted sitting room, formerly a barn and featuring exposed beams and a woodburning stove. The stylish kitchen/dining room includes appliances and a central island with bi-fold doors to the rear garden. On the ground floor is a study, 3 double bedrooms and a shower room. The main bedroom is on the first floor with a bathroom and landing area which could serve as a further study space.
The property is nicely set back from the road in an elevated position with views across rooftops towards the surrounding woodland. There is a terraced garden to the front bordered by hedging on both sides with mature shrubs. A gravelled parking area provides parking in front of the double garage for numerous cars. The enclosed rear garden is secluded with different areas of interest including a lawn and dining terrace. The current owners have used the detached barn and created a stunning additional terrace which now brings together two different areas of the garden as well as uncovering and clearing the old brick kiln which is now used as a useful additional storage space.
Hermitage, West Berkshire
• Long Barn is situated in the heart of the village, located about 4.5 miles away from Newbury and 2.5 miles away from J13 on the M4.
• Newbury, Thatcham and Theale all have mainline stations (Paddington line) and Crossrail services from Reading allowing passengers to travel right through central London without having to change trains.
• The village of Hermitage offers a range of activities and benefits from a modern village hall and playground, village store and 2 pubs. There are a wide range of schools in the area, including Hermitage Primary school, The Downs school secondary catchment, Harriet House Montessori, St Andrews, Brockhurst & Marlston House, Elstree, Cheam, Bradfield College, Downe House and Pangbourne College.
• Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Oil Fired central heating.
• Superfast Broadband via Gigaclear is available
• Council tax Band G 2022/23 £3,391.71
• West Berkshire Council
• RG18 9RQ